First an apology to all my dear readers that I am writing after long time. Also, An apology to TheYAPage because my fellow blogger nominated me 1 year back and I am replying now. Thank you so much! I really like “TheYAPage”, It’s really an amazing blog. I’m glad you enjoy my blog.
What is Liebster Award: The Liebster award is designed for new blogs like myself. The main purpose is to discover new blogs and give them a speaking platform to get to know the bloggers better.
Rule for The Liebster award is as very simple as below
- Post 11 random facts about yourself
- Answer the 11 questions the awarding blogger has posted for you
- Nominate 11 bloggers (with less than 200 followers) for the award and link them in your post
- Let the bloggers you have nominated know they are nominated
- No tag backs
Here are 11 random facts about myself:
- I am addicted to coffee, specifically Caffè latte.
- I am love Marvel movie but I am hardcore DC lover.
- I am Barcelona follower.
- Even after reading so many books from so many authors, I still love Haruki Murakami and still “Kafka on The Shore” is my most favorite book in the fiction genre.
- I love to sleep and I can sleep anywhere – anytime
- Being an Indian, I don’t like Cricket and I also don’t know, how to play it.
- I love rain so much. I love to feel rain pouring on me.
- I like the smell of new book. Whenever I buy any book, the first thing I smell it. I like to re-read books from my closet
- “Lost” is my favorite TV Series follow by “Dexter”
- I don’t like facebook much. Though I have facebook account, but I hardly access it
- I love to try different cuisine and love Mexican most.
“TheYAPage” asked 11 questions to all nominees and here are my answers:
- Why did you start blogging? – I have started blog first time 2007 because everyone surrounding me were writing blog and I lost interest. From 2007 to 2009, I read many books and friends/colleagues were asking about those books, so finally in 2009, I started blog again with book review.
- Do you have any other blogs/booktube channels/bookstagram accounts and if so what are they? – Nope, Ujval’s Lounge is the blog where you can connect me.
- What is your favorite thing to do besides reading? – Sleeping.. Really, Not kidding.. True. I love to sleep. If I am not reading book or not engage in social activity or not watching TV series, I must be sleeping on couch.
- Who is your favorite blogger/booktuber/bookstagrammer and why? – The Wanderer’s Thought is my most favorite blogger. I am following her since last 6-7 years. Her blog always motivated me to write something new. Whenever I feel sad or down, I visit her blog and it feels me with energy.
- Where do you buy your books? – Crossword. I visit their store time to time, check new arrivals, check classic novel collection and buy books.
- Eating while reading, do or don’t? – No. One single act at a time.
- What are your pet peeves? – Book with weak story and cover mentioning it’s best seller.
- What is your favorite book/series? – Kafka On the Shore following by The Girl with Dragon Tattoo.
- Is there a book-to-movie adaptation that you liked better than the original? Why? – Nope. I love to watch book-to-movie adaption but always find books are better than movies.
- When you ask your best friend about the weirdest/funniest thing about you, what would they answer? – They would laugh first and then they will start thinking..
- Who is your favorite person in the world? – My Younger Brother
Here, My nominations for the Liebster award!
- The Wanderer’s Thoughts…
- Coco Ginger
- Divine Rhythm
- A Well Read Woman
- Book Journey
- THE WORLD THROUGH MY EYES…
- Prima Virani
- WANDERER WORDWEAVER WOMAN
- Nirav Says
- A PLATFORM OF SORTS
- Travel With Archie
Thanks TheYAPAge for nominating me. To all of you who I nominated, You all are doing an amazing job. Please keep continue doing it and spread happiness.
!! Happy Blogging !!
It’s started discussion at various platforms when OneLogin platform engineer, Isis Wenger, appeared in company’s recruiting campaign with light smile and less make-up. Some people find her smirking but I don’t find it (campaign) unappealing or unpleasant. Rather I find it cool, motivating and supporting to gender diversity in tech. It doesn’t matter how female engineer looks a like or whether she has unbrushed hair or minimal make-up or with full of make-up. The only thing matters is, she is an engineer with same capability of male engineer.
Checkout #ILookLikeAnEngineer is trending on Twitter in San Francisco, where people (including Wenger) started posting to the conversation. Isis Wenger also posted her view on Medium.com.
What do you think?