In my first post, I have mentioned that I have purchased “Kite Runner” in late 2008 and I have completed it in 2010. My lots of friend told me, It is sad story and not that much interested. so I also thought like them without reading single word of book.
And one day, I heard about “Kite Runner” movie and I thought, How someone can make film on uninterested novel and nominate for Golden Globe and Academic award? So I have decided to read it and completed in 15 days. Yah it contains lots of dark shades but still it is masterful and unforgettable story.
“Kite Runner” is story of Amir and his friend Hassan by eye view of Amir which includes lots of event, from the fall of the monarchy in Afghanistan through the Soviet invasion, the mass exodus of refugees to Pakistan and the United States, and the rise of the Taliban regime….
Some part of book:
– Eyes are windows to the soul
– There was a brotherhood between people who had fed from the same breast, a kinship that not ever time could break
– There is only one sin, only one. And that is theft. Every other sin is a variation of theft.
– When you kill a man, you steal a life. You steal his wife’s right to a husband, rob his children of a father. When you tell a lie, you steal someone’s right to the truth. When you cheat, you steal the right of fairness. There is no act more wretched than stealing.
– A man who takes what’s not his to take, be it a life or a loaf of naan… I spit on such a man.
– A boy who won’t stand up for himself becomes a man who can’t stand up to anything.
– War doesn’t negate decency. It demands it, even more than in times of peace.
– Happiness is frightening because they only let you be happy if they are preparing to take something from you.
– Take two Afghans who’ve never met, put them in one room and in one hour they will find how they are relative.
I am giving 4/5.
Name: The Kite Runner
Author: Khaled Hosseini
About Book: By Author
!!! Enjoy Reading !!!