“Spellbinding”…”Addictive”…”Wonderful”…That’s the comments “Kafka on the Shore” got by different journals or news papers. Haruki Murakami‘s this work counted in “1000 novels you must have to read before you die”. They all are right, not because they are good reviewers than me and I am just following them but I read it twice. This one is the best book I have ever read. Every time I read this book, I surprised with minor details.
The story follows the fortunate of two remarkable characters –and Nakata. The story takes you in complete different world. Kafka runs away from home at fifteen, under the dark shadow of his father prophecy. The aging Nakata – tracker of lost cats – who never recovered from a bizarre childhood affliction, finds his simple life suddenly turns upside down. Their parallel odysseys are enriched throughout by vivid accomplices and mesmerizing dramas. Cats converse with one of remarkable character, fish tumbles from the sky, concept of metaphysics and metaphor, Unique talk style of Nakata, behavior of Kafka – Everything interesting.
Haruki known for his excellency in unique, his love towards music and lots of good quotes. Check out some beautiful lines from this excellent work as below:
- “Memories are what warm you up from the inside. But they’re also what tear you apart.”
- “It’s like said. Happiness is an allegory, unhappiness a story.”
- “Taking crazy things seriously is a serious waste of time.”
- “Chance encounters are what keep us going.”
- “Narrow minds devoid of imagination. Intolerance, theories cut off from reality, empty terminology, usurped ideals, inflexible systems. Those are the things that really frighten me. What I absolutely fear and loathe.”
- “Time weighs down on you like an old, ambiguous dream. You keep on moving, trying to sleep through it. But even if you go to the ends of the earth, you won’t be able to escape it. Still, you have to go there- to the edge of the world. There’s something you can’t do unless you get there.”
- “The pure present is an ungraspable advance of the past devouring the future. In truth, all sensation is already memory.
- “A certain type of perfection can only be realized through a limitless accumulation of the imperfect.”
- “Things outside you are projections of what’s inside you, and what’s inside you is a projection of what’s outside. So when you step into the labyrinth outside you, at the same time you’re stepping into the labyrinth inside.”
- “Every one of us is losing something precious to us. Lost opportunities, lost possibilities, feelings we can never get back again. That’s part of what it means to be alive.”
- “Silence, I discover, is something you can actually hear.”
- “Closing your isn’t going to change anything. Nothing’s going to disappear just because you can’t see what’s going on. In fact, things will even be worse the next time you open your eyes. That’s the kind of world we live in. Keep your eyes wide open. Only a coward closes his eyes. Closing your eyes and plugging up your ears won’t make time stand still.”
- “Memories warm you up from the inside. But they also tear you apart.”
- “People soon get tired of things that aren’t boring, but not of what is boring.”
Again, I loved this book so much. I am giving 5/5 to this book and recommending it by heart.
Name : Kafka on the Shore
Author : Haruki Murakami
!!! Enjoy Reading !!!