Name: New Moon
Author: Stephenie Meyer
Pages: 497 (Paperback)
Awards: Young Reader’s Choice Award in 2009
Movies: Twilight Saga – New Moon
Preceded By: Twilight
Followed By: Eclipse
Buy: Flipkart, Amazon
Started: 30th March, 2012
Completed: 7th April, 2012
Total Reading Hour: 25-26 Hrs
Propelled by suspense and romance in equal parts, [this story] will keep readers madly flipping the pages – Publishers Weekly
New Moon is a romantic sequel of Twilight. The novel continues the story of Bella Swan and vampire Edward Cullen’s relationship. For Bella, there is one thing more important than life itself: Edward Cullen. Similarly, For Edward, Bella is more important than anything else. Edward has already rescued Bella from clutches of one evil vampire but on her birthday, when Edward’s brother – Jasper attacks her on her birthday, Edward realize that troubles may be just beginning and decides to leave Bella for nearer and dearer one. Bella is left heartbroken and depressed for months until Jacob Black becomes her best friend and helps her fight her pain. However, her life twists once more when Jacob’s nature reveals itself and Edward’s sister decides to visit.
Some quotes from Book:
- My own life meant little to me today.
- Despair momentarily vanished; wonder took its place. Even after half a year with him, I still couldn’t believe that I deserved this degree of good fortune.
- Mistake after mistake. Could he have destroyed his own happiness any more thoroughly?
- No matter what might ever happen to me, you are not allowed to hurt yourself!
- I’ll never put you in danger again, so it’s a moot point.
- You try very hard to make up for something that was never your fault. What I mean is, it’s not like you asked for this. You didn’t choose this kind of life, and yet you have to work so hard to be good.
You can read more quotes here.
New Moon is compelling sequel to Twilight. Author described thoughts of Bella amazingly. Truly, Passionate, riverting and deeply moving novel. I am putting this novel in my favorite novel along with “The Kafka On Shore” by Haruki Murakami, “A Prisoner Of Birth” by Jeffrey Archer, “Kite Runner” by Khaled Hosseini, “Alchemist” by Paulo Coelho.
It’s well worth reading. Get it and read it.
Source [Wiki]: Stephenie Meyer is an American children’s author known for her vampire romance series Twilight.Meyer was ranked #49 on Time magazine’s list of the “100 Most Influential People in 2008″, and was included in the Forbes Celebrity 100 list of the world’s most powerful celebrities in 2009, entering at #26. Her annual earnings exceeded $50 million. In 2010, Forbes ranked her as the #59 most powerful celebrity with annual earnings of $40 million.
Enjoy Reading !!!