Author: Stephenie Meyer
Pages: 434 (Paperback)
Best Children’s Books of 2005 – Publishers Weekly
Best Books of 2005 – School Library Journal
Movies: Twilight (2008)
Followed By: New Moon
Buy: Flipkart, Amazon
Started: 25th March, 2012
Completed: 29th March, 2012
Total Reading Hour: 15-16 Hrs
Her story, recounted in hypnotic, dreamy prose, encapsulates perfectly the teenage feeling of sexual tension and alienation – The Times
The thrilling tale of a vampire romance at high school – Sunday Herald
Bella – Isabella Bella Swan – moves from sunny Phoenix, Arizona to rainy Forks, Washington to live with her father- Charlie, while her mother – Renée, travels with her new husband – Phil. Bella attracts much attention at her new school and is quickly befriended by several students. Much to her dismay, several boys compete for shy Bella’s attention.
When Bella meets the mysterious Edward Cullen, her life takes a thrilling and terrifying turn. With his porcelain skin, golden eye, mesmerizing voice, Edward is irresistible and impenetrable. On first day of school, When Bella is seated next to Edward Cullen in class, Edward seems utterly repulsed by her. He disappears for a few days, but warms up to Bella upon his return; their new found relationship reaches a climax when Bella is nearly crushed by a classmate’s van in the school parking lot. Edward saves Bella when he instantaneously appears next to her and stops the van with his bare hands. Bella becomes determined to discover how Edward saved her life, and constantly pesters him with questions. After a family friend, Jacob Black, tells her the local tribal legends, Bella concludes that Edward and his family are vampires who drink animal blood rather than human. Edward confesses that he initially avoided Bella because the scent of her blood was too desirable to him. Over time, Edward and Bella fall in love.
Their relationship is affected when a nomadic vampire coven arrives in Forks. James, a tracker vampire who is intrigued by the Cullens’ relationship with a human, wants to hunt Bella for sport. The Cullens attempt to distract the James by separating Bella and Edward, and send Bella to hide in a hotel in Phoenix. There, Bella receives a phone call from James, who claims to be holding her mother captive. When Bella surrenders herself, James attacks her. Before James can kill her, Edward, along with the other Cullens, rescues her and destroy James, but not before James had bit Bella’s hand. Edward successfully sucks the poison from her bloodstream and prevents her from becoming a vampire, after which she is taken to a hospital. Upon returning to Forks, Bella and Edward attend their school prom, and Bella expresses her desire to become a vampire, but Edward refuses.
Page Turner, Deeply seductive and irresistibly compelling, Twilight is an extraordinary love story that will stay with you long after you have turned final page. I loved Kind, Awakward, Intelligent, observant Bella; Lovely, Supportive, Friendly Alice and Pessimist, Passionate Lover Edward.
Some Quotes from Book:
- When life offers you a dream so far beyond any of your expectations, it’s not reasonable to grieve when it comes to an end.
- Surely it was a good way to die, in the place of someone else, someone I loved. Noble, even. That ought to count for something.
- My primary motivation behind buying a car, despite the scarcity of my funds, was that I refused to be driven around town in a car with red and blue lights on top. Nothing slows down traffic like a cop.
- I do a good job of blocking painful, unnecessary things from my memory.
- The thing, I thought to myself… it had possibilities — as a nickname, at the very least.
- It was nice to be alone, not to have to smile and look pleased; a relief to stare dejectedly out the window at the sheeting rain and let just a few tears escape.
Sometimes I wondered if I was seeing the same things through my eyes that the rest of the world was seeing through theirs. Maybe there was a glitch in my brain.
- Good luck tended to avoid me.
- I tried to be diplomatic, but mostly I just lied a lot.
- I stared because their faces, so different, so similar, were all devastatingly, inhumanly beautiful.
- I felt a surge of pity, and relief. Pity because, as beautiful as they were, they were outsiders, clearly not accepted. Relief that I wasn’t the only newcomer here, and certainly not the most interesting by any standard.
- I was in disbelief that I’d just explained my dreary life to this bizarre, beautiful boy who may or may not despise me.
- A low oath made me aware that someone was with me, and the voice was impossible not to recognize. Two long, white hands shot out protectively in front of me, and the van shuddered to a stop a foot from my face, the large hands fitting providentially into a deep dent in the side of the van’s body.
- He unleashed the full, devastating power of his eyes on me, as if trying to communicate something crucial.
- I tried to think of a logical solution that could explain what I had just seen — a solution that excluded the assumption that I was insane.
- I don’t like to lie – so there’d better be a good reason why I’m doing it.
You can read more quotes here.
It’s well worth reading. Get it and read it.
Source [Wiki]: Stephenie Meyer is an American children’s author known for her vampire romance series Twilight.Meyer was ranked #49 on Time magazine’s list of the “100 Most Influential People in 2008”, and was included in the Forbes Celebrity 100 list of the world’s most powerful celebrities in 2009, entering at #26. Her annual earnings exceeded $50 million. In 2010, Forbes ranked her as the #59 most powerful celebrity with annual earnings of $40 million.
Enjoy Reading !!!