I heard a lot about “A Walk To Remember” a long back but because of whatever reason, I was postponing this book. Though, I have read excerpt and review of book at many places which put this book in my favorite list. Later, I read reference of book in “Just Friends” novel which reminded me my long due list and ended to buy in this month’s quota 🙂 . On very next day, I was telling to my friend about my shopping of June’s quota. Here is little chit-chat with my friend.
Me : I have purchased “A Walk To Remember” this month.
Friend: Yah, I have seen update on your blog (Ohh, She reads my blog. I wasn’t aware about it 🙂 )
Me: So have you read it? I’ve seen it in your FB’s favorite. (FB depicts most of our life routine and like/hate/apathy right?)
Friend: Nope, But I’ve seen movie and its amazing. But you have book, then read it first then watch movie. You will love it.
So did I love “A Walk To Remember” Book? … Answer is Yes. I Love it so much (Yet to watch movie) . Why? Why I love it? Once you complete reading this post, you will come to know :).
Started: 10th June, 2012
Completed: 10th June, 2012
Total Reading Hour: 08-10 Hrs
…A Book You Won’t Forget Easily…
Landon Carter would never have dreamed of asking Jamie Sullivan out, but a twist of fate throws them together. In the months that follow, Landon breaks down Jamie’s natural reserve and begins to get to know her – and to fall in love. But then he discovers that Jamie has a reason for not letting people close – a secret that will break his heart.
Once I started this book, I was unable to put down it. Once Camryn written, “In my opinion, any book that makes you cry for at least two minutes is a good book, but any book that makes you cry for more than five is amazing“. “A Walk To Remember” is such kind of book. My throat was tighten, eyes are about to wet at the time of reading this novel. This novel let you know, how to love someone without any expectation. This novel let you know, how to love someone when you know (s)he will not be with you forever. This novel let you know, how to love someone in joyful moment as well as in tragic moment. This novel let you know, Love is so deep which turns you from non-believer to believer. This novel let you know, How love can generate magic out of nothing. This book is really A-One, Page Turner and Fascinating.
Some Quotes from book:
- Love is always patient and kind. It is never jealous. Loves is never boastful or conceited. It is never rude or selfish. It dose not take offense and is not resentful. Love take no pleasure in others people’s sins, but delights in the truth. It is always ready to excuse, to trust, to hope, and to endure whatever comes.
- Love is like the wind, you can’t see it but you can feel it.
- Without suffering, there’d be no compassion.
- First you will smile, and then you will cry — don’t say you haven’t been warned.
- I held her close to me with my eyes closed, wonering if anything in my life had ever been this perfect and knowing at the same time that it hadn’t. I was in love, and the feeling was even more wonderful than I ever imagined it could be.
- It was, I remembered thinking, the most difficult walk anyone ever had to make. In every way, a walk to remember.
- It all made perfect sense, and at the same time, nothing seemed to make sense at all.
- You feel fine, and then, when your body can’t keep fighting, you don’t.
- I am not commanding you, but I want to test the sincerity of your love by comparing it to the earnestness of others.
- Your love is like the wind…you cant see it, but you can feel it…
If you haven’t read this book, then don’t wait. Grab it and read it.
[Source: Wiki]Nicholas Charles Sparks (born December 31, 1965) is an internationally bestselling American novelist and screenwriter. He has 16 published novels, with elements including cancer, death, pirates, and love. Seven have been adapted to films, including Message in a Bottle, Nights in Rodanthe, Dear John , A Walk to Remember, The Notebook, The Last Song , and most recently The Lucky One.