★ Avoid ★★ No Great Loss ★★★ Worth Reading ★★★★ Close to Masterpiece ★★★★★ Masterpiece
Excerpt from Book:
“…Hello,” I said, “Can’t say I’ve seen you around here before.”
She smiled again…and my heart melted.
“No, you haven’t,” she giggled. “For I have come especially to meet you today. I am Death, and it is time.”
What happens when Death comes for you…and you start arguing over coffee ?
… a quirky tale that offers a whole new perspective into one of life’s deepest mysteries…
Cover: I loved book cover – Coffee with smiley pattern on top and coffee steam forming the shape of beautiful lady with hand raised along with shooting star.
Wow.. What a beautiful novella… When I read first chapter, I came to know that this novel would be small package big fun. Just imagine, you are in coffee shop and see beautiful lady with beautiful smile – whose smile is enough to flat anyone – and when this lady tells you that “I am death and it is time”, you will get goosebumps. Novel starts at same note and it doesn’t just stop there but interesting part starts from there. Book is full of humor and I will not be wrong if say, its full of philosophy. I remember discussion between Spoonboy and Neo in Matrix where Spoonboy gives a glimpse of life’s truth to Neo by small example.
Spoon boy: Do not try and bend the spoon. That’s impossible. Instead only try to realize the truth.
Neo: What truth?
Spoon boy: There is no spoon.
Neo: There is no spoon?
Spoon boy: Then you’ll see that it is not the spoon that bends, it is only yourself.
Metaphorically, it’s all in our head – we have to look inside to exact any control, to bring about even the smallest change. Life is just like that, Right? “a cupful of Aha!” is full of such kind of interesting discussion. Author crafted discussion between protagonist and death amazingly or I can say, it’s out of box. They discuss on life, love, beauty, destination, goal, time, space, body, mind, soul and logic behind these terms.
Some good lines from book:
- We men have a lifetime of practice watching women and their mystifying routines and nodding appreciatively when they’re done. [Pg 19]
- The purpose of my life… is to realise there is no purpose? [Pg 21]
- It is a strange feeling when you are on the verge of solving a difficult problem, how things simple fall in place on their own. [Pg 29]
- Okay, Okay,.. I get it. I realise now it was all a waste. I spent my life hankering to achieve this milestone or the other, subjecting my happiness on an if and a when. [Pg 30]
- love makes the world go round. Love is not of the mind, it is straight from the heart, the purest of the pure. Love is in the fleeting moment when I was my baby sleeping, love is wheat makes my heart beat faster each time I see the special someone… [Pg 30]
- Forget logic, Love is simple magic. [Pg 34]
- And I realised I could never live and love life fully, unless I loved death as well. [Pg 53]
Indeed, “a cupful of Aha!” is must read. Go and Get it.
Note: I received a copy of book from Pooja Iyer [BecomeShakespeare.com] and I am very much thankful to her to share such an amazing novel.
About Author [Source – Book]:
The author is possibly the only double PhD (one in Applied Psychology, the other in Comparative Tribal Music) who has spent multiple stints in several rehabilitation centres for problems ranging from drug abuse, mental breakdown, and schizophrenia. He then spent 8 years roaming the remote regions of the Himalayas – living with goatherds and monks, and often going several months with not a word spoken. At ease with Prime Ministers and commoners alike; he has the unique ability to predict key events of your future just by looking at a photograph of your little finger. PS: None of the above is true. The author is just the average John (or Jani or Janardhan). Does not matter. The message is important; not the messenger.
The beauty of truth is that the moment you hear the truth something inside you responds, says yes. It is not an agreement of the mind, remember it, it comes from your totality of your being. Every fiber of your being, every call of your body, nods in tremendous joy, “Yes!”
!!! Enjoy Reading !!!