★ Avoid ★★ No Great Loss ★★★ Worth Reading ★★★★ Close to Masterpiece ★★★★★ Masterpiece
Name: P.S. I Love You by Cecelia Ahern
Genre: Fiction Language: English Pages: 503
My Rating: ★★★★★
Started(Re-Read): 20th April, 2015 Completed: 30th April, 2015
Total Reading Hour: 40 Hrs
Excerpt from Book:
They were childhood sweethearts – no one could imagine Holly and Gerry without each other.
Until the unthinkable happens. Gerry’s death devastates Holly. But as her 30th birthday looms Holly discovers that Gerry has left her a bundle of notes, gently guiding her into her new life without him, each signed ‘PS, I Love You’.
With some help from her friends, and her noisy and loving family, Holly finds herself laughing, crying, singing, dancing – and being braver than ever before.
Life is for living, she realises – but it always helps if there’s an angel watching over you.
Splendid.. Worth Reading.. Witty..
“P.S. I Love You” talks about unique love between Gerry and Holly. It’s like “Platonic Love”. After Gerry’s death, Gerry comes to Holly’s life on her thirtieth birthday in the way of letters filled with love and signed, P.S. I Love You which will continue till next 12 months (1 letter for each month). These letters encourage Holly to move on and live without him and be happy, which is a core of this novel.
Some good lines from Novel:
- Shoot for the moon, even if you fail, you’ll land among the stars
- Don’t be afraid to fall in love again. Open your heart and follow where it leads you…and remember, shoot for the moon.
- what a luxury it was for people to hold their loved ones whenever they wanted
- Sometimes there is only one thing left to say, P. S. I Love You….
- Finding someone you love and loves you back is a wonderful feeling. But finding a true soulmate is an even better feeling. A soulmate is someone who understands you like no other will be there for you forever no matter what.
- You gotta be rich to be insane, Hol. Losing your mind is not a luxury for the middle class.
- Don’t mind all those people who say that you should be back to normal in a month or two. Grieving is all part of helping yourself anyway.
- Seeming and being are not one and the same.
- We haven’t lost everything, if we haven’t lost our hope.
“PS, I Love You” is debut novel of Cecelia. I have heard a lot about this novel and I wanted to read it since long time. When I complete it, I was so emotional. When loved ones leaves you suddenly, life doesn’t stop. When you try to forget, you think more about them. It’s not easy and always painful to forget. But you have to live and complete his/her dream. The Show (Life) Must Go On. In novel, There are many moments where you will smile and where you will feel sadness of Holly. It’s really engaging. Do Not Miss. Buy it and Read it.
[Source:Wiki] : Cecelia Ahern (born 30 September 1981) is an Irish novelist since 2004. She has published several novels and contributed a number of short stories to various anthologies. Ahern also created and produced the ABC comedy Samantha Who? starring Christina Applegate. She is a face of Littlewoods Ireland. http://www.ceceliaahern.ie/
Nobody is a villain in their own story. We’re all the heroes of our own stories. – George R.R. Martin